Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Char siu pork

I love the concept of a slow cooker, but I don't use mine nearly enough. I tried this recipe for char siu pork and was very pleased with the results. My grocery store didn't have any pork butts that were small enough for this recipe, so I used boneless country ribs instead. I marinated the pork overnight in a mixture of hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, ketchup, honey and five spice. The pork cooked at low heat for about 10 hours. I skipped the sauce making instructions in the recipe because the pork had a lot of flavor already from the marinade, and the liquid left behind in the slow cooker was a little greasy. I served the pork with brown basmati rice and stir fried vegetables.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thanks! I printed the recipe out and made some notes and hope to make this sometime soon.