Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sole with preserved lemon and butter sauce

Nearly a year ago, I bought a jar of preserved lemons for this recipe. There were two lemons in the jar, and the second lemon has been sitting in my fridge all this time. Good thing they last forever! I put the lemon to use by making a preserved lemon and butter sauce to top some sole fillets. This recipe is from Twist of the Wrist by Nancy Silverton. The sauce is a mixture of shallots, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, chives, capers, preserved lemon, and, of course, butter. The preserved lemon is a pretty intense flavor, so a little bit goes a long way. The sauce was quite good, and I think it would work well with most types of white fish, or even chicken.

I served the sole with some french green lentils that I cooked with shallots, carrots, celery, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, parsley and chives.

No comments: