Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chocolate chip waffles

I had some buttermilk I needed to use up, and I remembered that my waffle iron has been gathering dust in the cabinet for some time. So, I found this recipe for chocolate chip waffles and got to work. The recipe calls for regular milk, but I used my buttermilk. Also, I didn't have mini chocolate chips, so I just chopped up some larger chocolate chips. At first when I looked at the recipe, I wasn't happy about the idea of having to dirty up another bowl by whipping a single egg white to incorporate into the batter. However, pretty much every other waffle recipe I found did the same thing, so I accepted it. I do have to say, it did make a difference in the texture of the waffle.

Of course, a normal topping for waffles like these would be maple syrup. We used nutella instead!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh no, I think Nutella is definitely preferable to maple syrup. Good thinking. I liked the recipe you posted in the comments section of my blog. I am getting so excited for Thanksgiving.

I'm thinking about making this centerpiece for my table:
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=4fbfe