Monday, October 1, 2007

Pear Custard Pie

This recipe is from the Everyday Food cookbook. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of pears. However, when I saw that my grocery store had pears on sale, I decided to give it a try. I made this for the first time on Friday night, and it was so good that I made another one yesterday. I even made a second trip to the store for more pears! The prep time for this recipe is very minimal, and I think the custard base would work well with other kinds of fruit - apples and berries come to mind. The only change I made to the recipe is that I used vanilla sugar instead of regular granulated sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tried this and found it to be outstanding! Great texture contrast between the al dente pears and the crust of the "pie". Really, this is more like some French iteration of a torte. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was really wonderful!