Friday, July 27, 2007

Chocolate toffee cookies

Ok, so my intention was to make this recipe as directed, but my plans changed a little. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a block of chocolate for the cookies, but I didn't feel like making a trip to another grocery store to pick up heath bars. Instead, I bought a tub of english toffee at Trader Joe's. Also, I made the batter the night before, but I wasn't sure if the chunks of toffee would hold up in the batter overnight, so rather than mixing them into the dough, I pressed them onto the tops of the cookies before they went into the oven. I also omitted the walnuts and used a small cookie dough scoop instead of the 1/4 cup measure that the recipe calls for. But my overall concept is the same....right? Sort of?

These cookies are so good. They have a crisp crust with a brownie-like interior. They're positively addicting, I think it's impossible to eat just one.

No comments: