Monday, January 1, 2007

Giada's family dinners - flank steak with red wine sauce

This week I'm featuring food from Giada's Family Dinners

Flank steak with red wine sauce was pretty good. The sauce takes some time to make, so start it before you cook the flank steak. It's important to use a good quality red wine for this dish - my wine wasn't up to par and you could definitely taste it in the sauce. My steak was an uneven thickness, so I used a meat mallet to flatten the thicker parts so that it would cook evenly. You don't need to use all the butter and oil called for in this dish - I omitted the butter used to saute the onions for the sauce and I cooked my steak in a nonstick grill pan so I omitted the olive oil called for in cooking the steak.

Flank steak with red wine sauce

No comments: