Friday, October 24, 2008

Cured pork chops with romesco and sweet potatoes

This recipe is from Sunday Suppers at Lucques. This dish is brined pork chops, simply grilled and topped with romesco sauce. I made a large batch of romesco sauce a few weeks back and froze it in smaller portions. This was my first time brining meat - it was really simple and added a lot of flavor and moisture.

In the book, Suzanne Goin suggests serving the pork chops with sweet potatoes tossed with spinach and bacon. The sweet potatoes are peeled, cubed and tossed with a combination of melted brown butter, sage, thyme and brown sugar. The potatoes roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. After the potatoes come out of the oven, they're combined with fresh spinach, crispy bacon, salt and pepper. The combination of brown butter and brown sugar created a caramelized, almost crispy coating on the outside of the potatoes. They were some of the best sweet potatoes I've ever made.

This meal will definitely be repeated around here - I think it would be great for a dinner party.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious looking dish! Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Karin W. said...

I love to roast all root vegetables - not only potatoes. Just toss them all together. They get along very well.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I finally ordered the book at the library. Can't wait to get it. Nice meal.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

The sweet potatoes especially sound wonderful. Since I still have over half a bushel, I'll be trying this.

michael, claudia and sierra said...

this book is on my list. i'm gonna buy it soon.

especially after seeing this. totally beautiful.

Pam said...

This meal looks really good. I love sweet potatoes and pork chops are one of my favorites. Great recipe.