Sunday, August 3, 2008

Grilled and marinated squash

Almost every Sunday during the summer we fire up the grill. This summer, I have been cooking my way through Grilling for Life by Bobby Flay. This past week, I made marinated grilled summer squash. My grocery store had a sale on all varieties of summer squash, so I ended up with green zucchini, crookneck squash, white zucchini and green and yellow pattypan squash. The squash is cut lengthwise and seasoned with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper before going on the grill. After the squash comes off the grill, it's doused with a marinade of lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed chile and fresh basil. I garnished this dish with a sprinkling of lemon basil, purple basil and cherry tomatoes from my garden.

No comments: