Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spaghetti with chorizo and almonds

This recipe is unique, delicious, and best of all, comes together in about half an hour. I found spanish chorizo at my local upscale grocery store - it was expensive, but worth it. The smoky flavor of the chorizo goes really well with the chickpeas and toasted almonds. I used angel hair pasta for this dish, which I broke up into smaller pieces. I skipped all the oil and butter that the recipe called for, and instead sauteed the onions in the fat rendered from the chorizo. I also didn't have parsley, so I used cilantro instead.

If you can't find chorizo, I would recommend substituting a different kind of precooked sausage. Next time I make this, I may add some sliced piquillo peppers for color and more of that smoky flavor.

No comments: