Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chickpea and corn patties with sweet potato fries

This is a burger and fries in a non-traditional sense. This recipe for chickpea and corn patties caught my eye, and I decided to serve the patties as burger on a bun. I used frozen roasted corn which gave the patties a little bit of a smoky flavor. The burgers reminded us a bit of falafel, but with the added sweetness of the corn. I served the patties on a homemade bun with a sauce of sour cream mixed with chili powder.


The sweet potato fries are from the book Vegetable Harvest. I used two types of sweet potatoes and tossed them in a combination of olive oil, sea salt, cumin and espelette pepper. The potatoes were roasted at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes.


This was a very satisfying meal even though it was meatless!


No comments: