Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chocolate swirl gingerbread

We've been having cooler weather and some rain around here, so I thought I'd start off the fall and winter baking season with some gingerbread from the Everyday Food cookbook. This recipe is special because it incorporates chocolate. Melted chocolate is swirled through the batter to create a nice visual effect and added flavor dimension. This recipe literally came together in minutes, I sped up the prep time by melting both the chocolate and butter mixture in the microwave. I would recommend serving this cake warm, with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. I know the recipe says vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream, but I think the chocolate ice cream nicely complements the chocolate in the cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is really yummy!