Monday, September 3, 2007

Salmon nicoise salad

This salad was loosely based off this recipe from Tyler Florence. Obviously, one major discrepancy is that Tyler's recipe calls for tuna, and I used salmon. My grocery store had fresh wild copper river salmon, which looked much better than the tuna steaks, so I went with that instead. Also, I added a bed of arugula, which I tossed with the vinaigrette before I layered the rest of the ingredients over the top. I also omitted the anchovies, and went with yukon gold potatoes to add more color.

So while I made quite a few changes to the original recipe, I stuck with a very similar vinaigrette - the only thing I did differently was reduce the amount of olive oil and add a touch of honey. The fresh tarragon really makes a difference in this salad. People had fun picking the different items off the platter to put onto their plate. I cooked the eggs, blanched the green beans and pitted the olives in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We loved this dish! Beautiful and delicious! A+