Thursday, February 22, 2007

Barefoot Contessa at Home - Anna's orange marmalade

I have about 10 pounds of oranges and 10 pounds of grapefruit from my grandma's citrus trees in Los Angeles, so you'll be seeing quite a few posts over the next week that feature citrus. First up is Anna's orange marmalade from Barefoot Contessa at Home

Four large oranges and two lemons (I used Meyer lemons) are thinly sliced and combined with 8 cups of sugar and 8 cups of water to create marmalade. I was a little skeptical at first, because 8 cups of sugar sounded excessive to me. But Ina and Anna were right - this recipe produces a marmalade that's not too tart and not too sweet.


1 comment:

Randi said...

I have that book out of the library and I thought the same thing " 8 cups of sugar" Wow, glad it turned out for you.