Thursday, January 4, 2007

Giada's family dinners - chocolate ricotta pudding with strawberry sauce

This week I'm featuring food from Giada's Family Dinners
Initially, I wasn't sure how this recipe would turn out. Chocolate, orange, almond and strawberries sounds like a good combination, but the reviews were pretty mixed on the Food Network website.

I used Callebaut (60% cacao) bittersweet chocolate and fresh ricotta cheese. I blended the ricotta mixture until I was certain that it was smooth. The pudding tasted great and had a mousse like texture.

Chocolate ricotta pudding with strawberry sauce

My one complaint about this recipe is that the puddings really don't unmold neatly. The texture is just too soft to hold the shape of the ramekin. I tried to invert puddings that had chilled for 3 hours per the recipe, and puddings that chilled overnight. None of them came out cleanly, and my ramekins were well greased.

No comments: